This is a really easy recipe that’s ever so moreish but also pretty unhealthy. It’s a treat so don’t eat it more than once a fortnight or you might have a heart attack (…it’s not that bad). I feel like if I had children I would make this every night as it’s so easy to do, but they would end up little waddling obese guys with nineteen chins each.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- 1 white onion
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of tuna
- ‘Some’ pasta – depends on how much you want to eat, really! Any shape will do but may I recommend Action Man Bow Tie (Farfalle). I’ve used Fusilli (spirals)
- Crème fraîche (one small tub) or double cream if you just don’t give one (one pot, not one of the tiny ones but not one of the giant ones, you animal)
- Cheddar cheese, grated (a ‘massive fistful’ is the best amount I can advise here)
- Oregano and black pepper
Please note that there’s two of everything in the photo because I am really greedy, I mean because I was cooking for two people, I mean because I was cooking for two people and also wanted a second tea later in the evening, I mean LEAVE ME ALONE MAN I JUST FELT LIKE MAKING THAT MUCH OK.
1. What you want to do first is get that onion (just the one will do) and chop it finely. Not mega finely, just the standard onion chopping amount.
There is a picture of chopped up cheese here, because I realised that we don’t actually have a grater and it needs to be small bits so that it’ll melt into the sauce at the end.
2. Put some pasta on the boil. Come on, you know how to do this.
3. Start frying the onions at a medium heat in a bit of oil. Ssssssssssss. That’s what noise it should be making at this stage.
After 3 or 4 minutes, grab your oregano shaker and sprinkle a fair amount into the pan over the onions, enough to coat them nicely (see image). Stir! If you don’t like oregano then don’t put any in, but know that you are a fool.
4. Grab your crème fraîche (or double cream if you are being well decadent, I love you) and put this into the pan with the onions. Stir! You might want to turn down the heat a little at this point, as crazy bubbles will start erupting like volcanic lava and you’ll get a crème fraîche splattered face (the more I use French accents in “crème fraîche” the more of a dick I feel like).
6. Now’s the time to make the really important decision of whether or not you feel like adding a bit more oregano. It’ll be tough but just use your nouse and go with it.
8. Add some lovely black pepper and stir – the sauce is now done!
9. Drain your pasta and plonk it into a mixing bowl or casserole dish or anything big enough… now pour the cheese cream dream over it and mix it all together.
YOU ARE READY TO EAT!
I hope you enjoy this calorie-laden fatfest as much as I do whenever I eat it.